Essay writing (essay) or English essay writing It is a must-see part of English language proficiency exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, which measure your writing potential. But it is the part that creates a lot of embarrassment Therefore, it is essential to understand the structure. And principles of writing Essay in English
What is Essay?
Essay is an essay or article written in English. It is often used to measure all English writing skills in English language proficiency exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
Essay comes in a variety of categories such as
- Process Essay: This is an essay that is written in chronological order such as chronological, chronological order.
- Argument Essay: An argument essay. It is a writing showing two reasons: Support and controversy
- Description Essay: This is an essay that describes facts such as stories, historical records.
- Definition Essay: This is a definition essay. By identifying topics on different issues Many of the authors, which are both concrete and abstract.
- Classification Essay: This is a separate type of essay. They are divided into groups and have the same source of information.
- Cause and Effect Essay: It is an essay that shows cause and effect. There is an event body structure → cause → result → event.
- Comparison and Contrast Essay: is an essay showing comparisons and contrasts.
Essay generally consists of 3 parts:
- An Introduction is the first part of the article. To say what this article is about Without adding much details. Introduction must attract readers. Brought into the topic And present the main theme The main elements that an Introduction must include is a general narrative or direction to the subject, a thesis statement, or a briefing of the main theme of the Essay, and a summary of the main topic, comments, and issues written in the Essay.
- Body is the body, the whole body. Theme of the essay Which this section will be the longest. Can have multiple paragraphs Most of which have 3-5 paragraphs. Body is responsible for providing additional information to the reader.
- Body has two parts: Topic Sentence, the first part of each body tells the reader what the paragraph is talking about, and Supporting details provide additional information or clarification from the Topic Sentence, including giving examples to Readers to understand more
- Provide additional information by illustrating, comparing, giving definitions, explaining the meaning. And there is a classification
- Content must be relevant to the main theme.
- Must present truthfulness and details that make it reasonable to the theme of the theme.
- Must present details that support or describe ideas in our theme.
- It presents content that convince the reader of reasonable facts.
- Conclusion: The last paragraph of the Essay is the summary of the content again, often with one paragraph.
Essay writing principles
- Select a topic
We may have written according to a specific topic. Or choose to write on a topic independently If writing according to the specified topic Look at the big picture of the content or the specific analysis. Narrow our focus But if you choose to write on the topic independently First, determine the purpose of Essay whether it is to suggest or persuade. Once the objectives are set, find a topic that interests us and that is relevant to our life. Finally, evaluate our options. If the goal is education Then choose the content that we have learned Or if the goal is persuasion Then choose the content that we are passionate about However, writing an Essay must make sure you are really interested in your topic.
- Make a plan
Even when writing during the exam Take a moment to plan your brainstorm before you start writing Essay, as planning your thoughts will help you find the best supporting idea or reason to support a topic sentence rather than the first idea. And they can be positioned in Essay in order. Supporting idea is the best idea is the clearest idea and the knowledge we have.
- Use a variety of words, phrases and sentences.
The variety of sentences and vocabulary is one of the hallmarks of effective writing. Try to avoid repetitive use of words and phrases, while avoiding the beginning of boring sentences in the subject + verb + direct object (subject + verb + direct object) form.
- Make a check
After finishing writing Read the review to check correct words, grammatical errors, paragraph order. If it is an essay explaining the process of doing something Make sure you write in the correct sequence of steps.
- Practice writing often.
Writing good is not going to happen. Therefore, writing must be practiced often, even if the first piece of writing does not come out at the level masterpieces. But practicing writing often will make writing better and better and ready for the actual exam.